Monday, February 8, 2010

Little update

It's been pretty crazy for the last few days around here. Sayda and I have continued on with the plan, and we have just been reinforcing her on starlings. I can tell her focus has been switching back to where it needs to be, and we are about to be out hunting again. I was wanting to get out today, but it seems to be snowing pretty darn hard right now, so the birds won't be out and about feeding. I had a little "user error" issue with my starling cadge, and all 7 of them escaped, and are now flying around in my attick. Little things are noisy as heck, and now I don't have a baggie for today's session. That's pretty weak......

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need to take her up to the attic and let her fix your mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog. getting ready to start my kestrel on starlings. Where did you get the starling cage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My buddy made it....you are the second person that has asked about it this week....I may just post some pictures of it. I'm about to make one myself (b/c i need to give his back), so I could probably do a post with a step by step on how to build one....anyways, it's pretty much a big squate wire cadge with two funnels in it....works great! I usually catch 8 to 10 a day.

    ReplyDelete