Friday, August 21, 2009

Another week gone by....

and it's a week closer to trappin season!

Jonathan and I sat down and worked on making para chord equipment one day this week. It was good times for sure. He is catching on a lot quicker than I did, and I look forward to seeing some nice pieces from him in the near future. Ryan was kind enough to teach me his techniques, and makin gear sure helps with the pre season jitters. I would def say I am still in the learning phase, but i feel that they turned out pretty good.


I also finally made a lure this week. We had some leather paper weights (god knows why we bought company leather paper weights, but whatever) that ended up being a great size for a lure. I emptied all the beeds out of the middle (cause i don't know what they were made out of, and they could have been dangerous), and replaced them with BBs. I made it really heavy, so that it could be used for a big bird, or a small bird. I will probably end up making my padded lure sometime later this week.








I ended up making the perch for my scale too. I used velcro to attach it to the top, so that I can alternate perchs whenever I change birds.










25 more days till trapping season! The shelf perch (which Ryan expertly crafted) looks out of place on the wall, without a bird sitting on it.....if only I could figure out a way to speed up time!








No comments:

Post a Comment