Friday, August 28, 2009

Yeah, it's beer friday!

and another week has finally gone by....only two more Fridays to go! I'm getting pretty psyched about learning to trap. I guess I'm just going to learn all the techniques in one year, b/c not only are we takin BCs, but Ryan said Alan is making him a couple kestrel dho gazza nets. Chris is all psyched about getting an RT with his ghillie suit, and Gary was tossing around the idea of doing some blind trapping. To say that this season is going to kick @$$ would be the understatment of the century!


I finally had some time to finish my "woven" jesses...still trying to figure out how i'm going to make the extender, and of course....i still have the long process of doing the leash....before I take the time to make those though, I'm going to have to get the stamp of approval from Ryan, so that i know they are safe (not sure why they wouldn't be...the only thing i could think of is that MAYBE a tallon could get caught somewhere, but i don't think there is any greater chance with these, than there is with braided equipment...we shall see).

Went flying with Gary on Wednesday, and the sharpie scored within a minute or two of entering the field. Gary and I both headed out to Owasso to hang out with Mark and to look for kestrels yesterday. We only saw four, but we only looked for about 15 or 20 minutes. Saw nice flight with the barbary, and Mark gave me the number of a guy who raises quail in flight pens. I'm gonna get some pretty soon hopefully, and then i can work Maggie on some planted birds. Weekend is about to begin, and good times shall be had. 18 more days till trapping season!

No comments:

Post a Comment