Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Log update


Yesterday was pretty darn good for creance session number two. She was at 645 grams, and she had good response to the fist. When she was focused....she was totally focused, but when she would loose it, it was GONE. I'm not really sure why, but if I get more than ten feet or so from her, she just looses it, and tries to bolt...there are a number of factors involved I think....for starters, she is still high. She just doesn't have that keyed in focus like a bird at weight does. Also, she doesn't have enough confidence in coming to the fist yet. She just hasn't done it very many times, and I think she just needs a few more reps. Also, she is still just really jumpy....most of these issues should resolve themselves wih a little weight reduction and repetition. Ended the session on the lure, and I think we are just about to make our break through with that as well....Only fed her 15 grams or so, and she was at 637 grams today at 3 PM. The same thing was happening...perfection as long as I didn't get too far away, but would pull up at the last minute if she was coming in too hot. Only gave her two or three grams during our five minute session, so I'm hopin the "reset" will work, and she will do better when I workher again in ten minutes or so. Sorry bout the bad pictures...

1 comment:

  1. sounds like she is coming along slow but steady (remember, that wins the race). Glad to see her outside and making progress :) keep up the good work dan

    ReplyDelete