Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lure response is improving


Stuck her on the scale when I got home from work, and she was at 666 grams. Had our session in the house, and she did pretty well. Pulled the hood off, and she behaved well. Pulled the lure out, and she hopped down to it after a moment. She then started footing it, and bouncing around on it, so I'm thinkin she is starting to like it more. Didn't have much food on it, so after she finished quickly, I hopped her up to the fist for a couple tid bits. Put her on the pole perch, and she sat there nicely. Gave her a tid bit, and then I walked out of the room. I heard her bate, but when I looked in, she had regained the perch perfectly. Continued on doing stuff in the other room, and I would occasionally walk in there, and if she didn't bate, would give her a tid bit. She was bouncing around pretty good though (always regaining the perch), so I didn't leave her on there very long. Once I was down to the last tid bit, I picked her up, and stuck her in the GH. Not really sure what was going on with my camera, but as you can see, all the pictures came out bad. Bad pictures are better than no pictures though, so here are a few.

3 comments:

  1. was wondering if you would get a better response if you showed the lure at the end of the session rather than at the beginning ? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. her response to the lure is pretty good considering the amount of times she has been given it. I expect her to have darn near instant response tonight. I usually do give it to her at the end of the session, yesterday was just different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird is just fat. Lure response should be the same; whether it is at the beginning or the end of the session should not make a difference. Response should be instant.

    ReplyDelete