Saturday, January 2, 2010

1st hop to the lure

Stuck her on the scale just a little bit ago (9:30 PM), and she weighed in at 682 grams. Popped the hood off, and she did her usual bate. Whistled, and she grabbed the couple tid bits off of my glove. Set her down, and got instant response to the fist. Put her down again, and she bated off towards the side....slut! Put her back, and she hopped instantly again. Got another instant response out of her, and then she hesitated for about five seconds on the last one. Presented the lure, and after a bit of hesitation, she hopped down to the ground for it. Let her eat up on it, and then I hopped her to the fist for a big chunck to end the session. She is still high, but I'm going to continue on like I have been, until her leg is all healed up. Once that happens, I will drop her the rest of the way down to where she should be, and we will be able to progress the rest of the way through our training. Shot a short little clip, so that you all could get a better look at her without the hood on

3 comments:

  1. looks like she has good response to your fist. very cool. i am glad she is healing up all. Keep up the good work :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty neat! Other than that first time when I hopped her right after she did her first step up, I havn't called her to the fist once...just worked on lure work, and then hopped her up to the glove afterwards...I'm training this one like the sponsor does....why train it to the fist AND the lure, when you can do them both at the same time! Too bad she got that little bit of scale damage and has been on the "slow" program....otherwise, I'm pretty sure we would be out flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I see, so you are training her to the lure, then transitioning to the glove. Thats a good idea. I've got mine going to both now, but I'm having hell getting her up to the fist after eating from the lure. I guess you won't have any problems with that. Cool.

    ReplyDelete