Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Session #2

MUCH better! Took Sayda outback, and I stuck a tid bit up on a perch. She hopped up to it, and then turned around and looked straight at me. I back up to about five feet....whistle, and she is on her way FAST! Nails the glove, and grabs the tid bit. Take her back toward her perch, and she flies the last foot to it, and turns around! NICE! Ten feet.....pulls off at the last minute. Call her to the fist off the ground for no tid bit, and I stick her back on the perch. Go back to ten feet...whistle, and she does it! Good bird! Continue on, and I get another 15 or 20 flights out of her ranging from 10 20 feet. We only have one other bummer moment, and that's when she was flying back to her perch from about five feet away, and I stepped on the %amn creance. That jerked her to the ground (which set her off!), but once she stopped tearing at her anklets/jesses, I hopped her to the fist...after that, she didn't really want to fly back to the perch...I think I will do a few tid bits on the perch today, and that should bring her confidene back up. Anyways, it was time to end the session, and that's when the high weight was evident. I tossed the lure out, and she IMMEDIATElY jumped off the perch for it. Slammed the lure, footed it a couple times, and then bolted. Huh? Hop her back to the fist, and I present it again....does the same thing.....hop her to the fist, and I hold onto her for a minute. Stick her back on the perch, and I toss the lure about twice as far as I had been.....She immediately dropped and stayed on it. How close I was to her mattered, and her focus should have been on eating. The whole session, she got about 20 grams or so....That should bring her down 7 or 8 grams from this session, and I'm hoping that will get her a little more tuned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment