Thursday, December 31, 2009

Great end to 2009!!!

I still havn't thought of a name for this bird yet....I'm leaning toward something having to do with being accident prone or something along those lines, but just can't seem to think of anything good.....It will come to me soon though I hope. Anyways, the bird chilled in the GH all afternoon, and when I pulled her out at 10:30 PM, she weighed in at 677 grams. Pulled her hood off, and she did her quick bate, and then looked straight down at the glove (we are learning!) I gave my whistle as she started bending down, and she grabbed the couple tid bits that I had on the fist. I then gave her the lure, and proceeded to put them both down on the ground. She started eating pretty quickly, and I offered her tidbits sporadically, which she took from my glove instantly. Once she finished her meal on the lure, I presented a rabbit leg at waist height, and she hopped up to the fist....success! Cut the lights, and hooded her up. Total, we only had that one bate the entire session, and everything went according to plan....may have given her a few too many tid bits while she was on the lure, but HOPEFULLY, she will be at an acceptable weight tom. If she is, then I will try and get her to fly off the fist for the lure, and then hop her to the fist again for the remainder of her rations. 2009 was a year I will NEVER forget....got married, trapped my first falconry bird, had a baby, etc, etc, etc....here is to 2010, with hopes that it will be even better!!!!! All the best to you and yours. Happy New Years!!!!!

1 comment: