Thursday, December 24, 2009

Success!

Offered her a little bit of food earlier this morning, and the same thing happened...ate quickly when I held it up, but wouldn't bend over. We are having a snow/ice storm, so I stuck her in the GH out in the car, with hopes that it would get REALLY cold out there. It worked, and she dropped quite a bit more than she has been averaging per hour. Pulled her out a second ago, and after giving her a little tid bit at head height to get her going, shook the rat half by her face. She bit down hard, and I slowly started lowering it toward my glove. About half way down, she slowly reached up a foot, and grabbed ahold of the rat. Brought it the rest of the way down, and I held it with my hand, as she tore away at it. Got 37 grams out of her meal, and I managed to get her hooded with only three or four bates. Total session was about 25 minutes or so, and the temps are continueing to drop. Hopefully, she will shed that pretty well, and i'm switching her over to rabbit. GOOD day today!

1 comment: