Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Alright session

Pulled her out last night, and her leg looked even better. If I remember correctly, she was somewhere around 670 grams or so. Stuck a rabbit back leg on the lure, and after giving her a couple tid bits on the fist to get her goin, pulled the lure out. She bent down and started eating on it, and I gradually lowered both the bird and the lure to the ground. Put them down, and she continued eating off of it. I had cut the back leg "generously", so there was quite a bit of meat on there. Once she had pretty much stripped it to the bone, she started getting distracted. She stopped eating, and was looking around pretty quickly. Reached in to offer her another tid bit, hoping that would get her back into eating mode, but she tried to bate away from me. I guess she was floating around that magic line, and though she was hungry enough in the beginning, filled up too quickly. Hooded her back up immediately to avoid another bate (don't want to impead the healing process), and we shall see what happens tonight. I'm going to use a front leg on the lure this evening, and hopefully she will still be hungry when she is finished with that, and I will be able to hop her to the fist for another front leg. That's the game plan, and we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment