Monday, December 21, 2009

Beginning of Chapter 2!!!!!


Introducing......well...........I havn't named her yet. Ryan says I should call her "hideous", but I think she is rather cute! Granted, she is sorta a ratty little thing....most of her tail feathers are tipped, one of her decks is creased, and her tallons are dull, but I'm in love! Once I got her all geared up (anklets, jesses, micro back pack, mini merlin transmitter, and hood), she weighed in at 753 grams. She was hog fat when trapped without a crop, and I have just been bringing her weight down since then. Other than the brief sessions when we where trying to find a proper fitting hood, she hasn't been messed with. Those brief experiences have let me know that she is DEF not going to be anything like the RT though! I'm pretty psyched, and can't wait to get the ball roling!





7 comments:

  1. Wow, that was fast! Congrats! Trapping story??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I would call it fast...I was doing pre game for a few weeks, and this bird was pretty much on a schedule.....it was hitting the same place at the same time of day regularly, so it was just a matter of being there, and having the trap waiting for her. Couldn't have done it without the help of my good buddy Gary though! Thanks again brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Is this the RS you've been trying to trap?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep....this is the one that was regulary visiting Gary's back yard every morning...hadn't set traps for it up until the day she was trapped, but we had been keeping an eye on it. I have been watching a couple others, but I'm having a harder time figuring out their routines...it's more sporadic when I see those, and they are only in trappable situations every once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on man. What game are you going after with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats dan! this seasons a "twoofer"

    ReplyDelete