Friday, December 18, 2009

Chapter one comes to a close......


It was three months ago on Wednesday, when she came down to the trap and became my first falconry bird. She weighed in at 1243 grams then, and she flew out of my life today at a plump 1358 grams (plus a quail). Total, we caught 24 rabbits, 4 squirrels, and 7 "others." She FINALLY flew up into a tree after a really long time, and I tossed out a quail and yelled "HO HO HO".....she dropped like a rock, and slammed it out of the air in fine style. Took a couple videos, and when she was almost finished, made my departure. Good luck Dee Dee!





3 comments:

  1. Congrats on a successful first bird! Letting a great bird like that go mid-season is a bold move for sure. Looking forward to seeing how you do with a Red-shouldered. Best of luck trapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks brother! I will need all the luck I can get!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on man. Good luck trapping, hope the new hawk works out for you.

    ReplyDelete