Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 94

Fed Dee Dee a whole squirrel last night....well...I tried to. She was too full from the rabbit to actually eat the whole thing, but when I flipped the light on this morning, she hopped down to finish the rest. Dee Dee has gone through a transformation. My nice, well behaved bird, has turned into a possesive, mantleing freak! It's what I want though, and I KNOW she will do awsome back on her own. The rain that they predicted earlier this week, has dissapeared from the weather forecast, and the temps are already above freezing. I will be heading out to the dumpsite on my lunch break, and saying my farewells to Dee. There are TONS of rats all over the place, and there are quite a few spots around it that are full of bunnies (I need to get permission to fly them in the future...just havn't done it yet...) I couldn't have possibly asked for a better first bird! I learned SO much, and hopefully, she learned a trick or two in the process as well. Though my heart sinks as the hours draw closer, I know it's for the best, and I'm excited about starting the next chapter in my falconry endevours. Like you all already know, I will be taking a bunch of pictures, so expect a photo post, along with her final weigh in before the day draws to a close.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats man! try and be strong when u let her loose :( hahah

    any luck on that red shoulder yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully will have one in hand by the times I make my post on Monday! Fingers crossed!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE! Good luck! let us all know how the weekend goes :P

    ReplyDelete