Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 6/7


Well, I did the apprentice thing. I know, I know....calm down! Got home after work, and was all psyched to mess with the bird. Pulled a sparrow out, and she bent down and ate it immediately...NICE! Then i realized I hadn't weighed her before hand....pretty irritated, but i guess it's not ThAT big of a deal. I know about how much a sparrow weighs, so i can get a pretty good guess. Anyways, at 5:30 PM, she weighed in at 1137 grams, and chilled most of the evening inside, unhooded, on her block. She didn't bate away from anything, and the only times she did, it was more of her just bating toward a higher perch. I am not a fan of the block thing right now...at least not with a fresh bird, and am going to be getting a bow for her in the very near future. She just always crosses her leash over the top, and it ends up sending the leash through her train...Murphey's law says she will bend a tail feather in no time at all. DAY 7 at 7:45 Am, she weighed in at 1120 grams. She lost 17 grams in 14 hours at a ROL of 1.21 GPH. My goals for the night....get her to step up to the fist, go say what's up to Gary, and make this bird a new hood.

1 comment: