Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Log 14/15 60ft consitantly

Yesterday at 12:00 AM, she was at 1009 grams (naked....I'm no longer going to be weighing her with her leash setup...too many variables such as leash being wet, she mutes on it, etc, that would throw off the weight). That was a loss of 17 grams in 5 hours, at a ROL of 4.25 GPH. I fed her 5 grams, which put her up to 1014 grams when I headed back to work. 5:00 PM, she was at 1001 grams, and after makin some food and taking care of some things around the house, I drove up to Ryan's house, so that he could watch her fly, and asses her condition. Got there at 7:00, he felt her keel, and immediately said she was too low (Bummin pretty good about that right now.....). Got 10+ good flights out of her...most of them where about 60 feet or so (maxed out the creance, so I couldn't go any further). Fed her a starling, a sparrow, and half of a pigeon breast. Her lure response is def improving each time I present it (this was time number 3), but she still has a ways to go before she is "wed" to it. Had I not gotten to her reponsive weight, and then blew past it, we would be flying her free today my sponsor informed me. Unfortunately, I will now be spending the next few days bringing her back up, and we post poned the first free flights until Saturday. I'm irritated with myself, b/c I know better than this....I should have done better...period. I was so focused on getting her from the trap to flying free quickly, so that she wouldn't loose much muscle mass, that I ignored the obvious signs, and ended up burning up more muscle than I would have if I had just taken my time. I put her on the scale before I crashed out last night around 11:00 PM, and she was at 1086 grams. I left her in the "garage mew" last night, and I think it got down into the upper 40's. DAY 15 at 7:50 AM, she was at 1060 grams. She lost 26 grams in 9 hours, at a ROL of 2.89 GPH. I'm going to try and work her at lunch today, and then hopefully, work her in the morning Thur and Fri, so that she will be ready to go in the morning on Saturday...we shall see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the weight... Keep your head up though, get her strong and healthy and you two will be flying free in no time.

    Patience. Patience. Patience.

    ReplyDelete