Thursday, September 24, 2009

Log day 8/9 1st hop!

Good day yesterday! Headed out to Owasso to do a little chillen with Mark. He had flown the barbary in the morning, so we took his hybrid out for some exercise. As usual, had a great time watchin his bird fly, and he performed better than Mark had anticipated (though, he did get off to a slow start!). I forgot his GH, and the money for the telemetry, so I guess I'm just gonna have to go fly again tonight or tommorow. As I'm sure you can tell, I'm completely distraught about that :)!!! Got home, and was not feeling too hot. I think I am still a little dehydrated from the last week or so of celebrations, and was feeling pretty crummy by the time I got home. Put the bird on the scale at 9:00O PM, and she weighed in at 1106 grams. All I could think about was laying down, so I was hoping the bird would be responsive. Gary suggested that I give her a bite to get the session going, so I did that, and then stuck her on the back of a chair. Held the fist back a little bit...she strained to reach it, and couldn't do it, leaned back...sleeked down her feathers, and hopped to the fist! NICE! Put her back on the chair, held my hand at the same spot, and she hopped to it instantly. About that time, I decided I HAD to lay down, or else it wasn't going to be good, so put the bird unhooded on her block at 1110 grams @ 9:05 PM. DAY 8 7:45 AM...she weighed in at 1101 grams, which means she lost 9 grams in 1.5 hours, @ a ROL of .86 GPH. Because of some advice from a good friend, I am going to continue to keep track of her total weight lost from trap, so I will be weighing her leash/swivel/extender at lunch, and start keeping track of that number again. Feelin MUCh better this morning, and I am drinking a ton of water. Planning on a good session tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment