Thursday, September 10, 2009

Maggie Mae


Well, this stupid blogger thing has changed somehow. In the past, when I had been wanting to add an image, I uploaded it, and the picture was in a "picture" format. I then dragged it around wherever I wanted it, and then I would post it when I was satisfied with the structure. Well, for some reason, now they are put into there in "text form", and I am not able to move it around like I would like (notice when i posted the pictures of Jonathan....notice how it's no longer all tight and stuff as far as picture/text relationship...pisses me off!!!!!)....well, I hadn't posted any pictures of Maggie, so I thought I would try and figure this thing out. I have checked all the settings, and can't find anything to solve my troubles, so I am going to have to figure out a way to work around it.

Either way, This is Maggie! She is a 3.5 to 4 year old German short haired pointer that was given to my by Oklahoma falconer Doug S. Due to unfortunate circumstances, he was no longer able to take her out and run her @$$ off anymore, and being that he loved her so much, knew that she would be better off living with someone who could take her out. I was lucky enough to be the person who got her, and she is a great lil girl. Though she has been a house dog for a minute, and her field control now sucks, I am attempting to get her back in line. So far, I have been unsuccessful due to my inexperience with hunting dogs, and my general inability to be a proper trainer....but I am learning. I took her out last weekend with Ryan, and she made me look like a total duche, but it sorta kicked my butt back into gear, and it motivated me to put more time into her. She is the sweetest girl ever, and has the potential to be one hell of a hunting partner (she was already a great hunting dog, she just needed to be brushed up, and I botched the job the first attempt)....I'm excited about what the future (though very distant) will hold. Five more days till trapping season!!!!!!

(note: It worked! Not sure what I did differently, but it worked!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment