Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Log 13/14 1st respectable flights!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Flew her about 25 feet last night in the back yard. Pretty darn psyched! This is how it all went down. Got off work at five o'clock, and swung over to a friends house, to FINALLY pay for my receiver, and a new transmitter (pretty psyched about that btw...got one heck of a deal for sure....THANKS CHRIS!), and then I swung by Gary's house to show off my new lil girl. Talked birds and hawkin for a little bit, but then he had to head out, so I went on home. Stuck her on the scale at 7:00 PM, and she weighed in at 999 grams (986 naked), which was a loss of 67 grams over 25 hours, @ a ROL of 2.68 GPH. So far, that is a total loss of 257 grams, or 20.68%. Gary had felt her keel, and said that she felt a little bit sharp, so I was a little bit worried about her being so low.....I was hoping for a good session, more so for the fact that I would be able to see her fly, and would be able to tell if she was "weak" or not. Took her out back, put her up on her perch, and walked back about 5 feet.....gave her cue, and she was on her way. Stepped back to around ten feet....instant response.....fifteen....instant response....25 feet...PRETTY good response (had to flash it a few times, before she decided to make the journy....I wonder if my tid bits are too large....). Total, I got about seven or 8 flights in there, and she "seemed" like she was flying normal (other than her "weakness" from not flying for two weaks....). Put her back up on her perch, and then I jumped her off to the lure, to end the session. She got a total of 63 grams of quail, and went back on the block at 1062 grams. DAY 14 (9-29) at 7:50 AM, she weighed in at 1039 grams (1026 grams naked), which is a loss of 23 grams in 12 hours, @ a ROL of 1.92 GPH. Going to have to see if her metabolism jumps back up to a 2.3/2.5 GPH since its not night time, and if so, I may just make it back to a responsive weight tonight. I plan on taking her to the school this evening, and try to get some serious distance on her flights. I'm hoping to have her around 995 grams for this session (since it will be a new environment and all), but I have a feeling she is going to be higher than she was yesterday (dang it! Fed her too much!). Can't wait till she gets everything down, and I can start bringing her back up! My goal for the winter....have her spot on at a higher weight than I trapped her...big plans, big goals, we shall see what happens. If I can get a friend to come out with me, hopefully I can get some new pictures of her....right now, I think we have had enough of just perched images....we need some flights!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sadie is pretty sweet!

    Glad to hear that you got some long distance out of her!!

    Keep the sweet posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing how the differance was the dog, glad things are coming along so smooth

    ReplyDelete