Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 56

Didn't get to fly again! She was at 1075 grams when I got home last night. It was already dark, so a session wasn't going to happen anyways, but I think she probably would have flown well, (just b/c of the amount of time btw feeds....) even though she was high. I liked where she was at though, b/c that will put her super keen for a morning hunt. Got to work this morning around 6. I pull into the parking lot, and there are two rabbits just sitting in one of the grass planters in THE MIDDLE of the empty parking lot....right under a light! I'm thinking this is just too good to be true, so I pull into my parking space, and I creep around to the back of my car. I open it, pull Dee Dee out.......and the rabbits are STILL sitting there! I unclip her leash, pull her jesses out, and am about to strike the braces on the hood.....and then I remember the telemetry. Rabbits are still holding tight, so I turn around, and grab the receiver. Flip it on, touch the magnet on the transmitter, strike the braces and remove the hood, and turn around....The rabbits are GONE!!!!!!!! I was pissed! If I had just remembered to turn it on right when I pulled her out of the box....we would have had a dead bunny, and I could have gone for a double today with ease! Had the sun been up, I would have just slipped her without turning the transmitter on, but if she had missed (highly doubtful) and flown up to some tree in the dark....it would have been a bummer. Anyways, gonna take an extended lunch this afternoon, and try and fly one of the new fields Ryan and I checked out the other day. Fingers crossed for a catch!

Side note.....the baby is going to be here any day now!!! I'm getting pretty psyched, and am rushing around all crazy getting all the last minute things together. There is a possible honey hole about 30 seconds from the hospital, and Lindz told me I could hawk it during the days while she was sleepin! I have the best wife in the world!

4 comments:

  1. I love the way that you are prepared for every opportunity. That's awesome. Keep it up.
    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy....i'm getting jazzed. I hope he gets here tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah good luck !! Name him Talon :P

    ReplyDelete