Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 71

Dee was still high when I weighed her this morning at 6 (1085 grams), but she had a lot of casting material yesterday, so she should be at weight after she casts. Just finished taking a coffee break outside, and got to see a nice little show. There where three or four sparrows pecking around in one of the grassy dividers in the parking lot, and out of no where, a hag coops comes blasting in, and snatchs one a few feet off the ground! She carries it up to the top of a pecan tree, and I get to sit there and watch her eat her morning meal. Got the day started off nicely, and I have my fingers crossed that I can get a good day of hawking in. I'm swinging by Gary's house this afternoon, b/c I'm letting him borrow a perch, and hopefully I will catch him before he flies, and try and get in on that! A good session of car hawking is always enjoyable, and hopefully that will set the tone for another good day with Dee. Gary was telling me about some possible rabbit fields, so I may get the heads up on that, and try and fly one of those. The whole crew is in town for the holidays, so I'm pretty geeked about that, and am VERY ready to see all my friends! Gonna have a lot of good times over the break, and we will hopefully catch a bunch of rabbits and squirrels as well!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment