Friday, November 6, 2009

Log Day 51

It gets dark really quick now! Went and checked out a new spot yesterday after work, and it seems like it has potential. It's this little wooded section/old parking lot that's now blocked off that is completely surround by office buildings, and then backs up to a school. Before I pulled Dee out, I did a little walking around to investigate. I hadn't made five steps before I started seeing all the rabbit droppings, and was continually hearing things rustle in the underbrush (though it could have just been a lot of birds bouncing around). I only had about a half an hour to fly, so I beeped her up, and started hitting the brush. Didn't see any rabbits, and she didn't chase anything. I waited till it was completely dark, and then I called her down to her illuminated lure. She had great response to that, so I guess that's one good thing about yesterdays session, but that's about all. Due to some servers going down, I had to go to work really early this morning. Ducked out for a minute to go grab some coffee, and I got a really nice slip on a crow which she ALMOST caught. Swung by a park on the way back, and the squirrels where running around everywhere. She half heartedly flew at one, but once it got up into the tree, she just sorta looked at them. She didn't try to fly them at all, and they weren't even trying to hide from her. They would just sit there and chatter at her, and twitch their tails around. I'm not really sure why...I guess I'm gonna need to do the dead squirrel on a string thing, and pull one up a tree to get her going. May try to do a little car hawking at lunch, but I'm really wanting a rabbit, so I may hold off, and just fly after work. We shall see how the day goes. 70 degree weather is not helping.....Jonathan is continueing to be a big pimp, and scored rabbit number 6 this morning! NICE!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dan, if you dont mind me asking, what kind of job do you have? you mentioned servers and it intrigued me as i am looking for a job in system administration

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.worldtelemetry.com/

    I do a little bit of everything. I'm MAINLY incharge of the RMA department, but I also do all of our circuit board building....over the last few weeks, I have even been known to man the tech support line from time to time (such as when the server went down...)

    ReplyDelete